Wednesday, February 06, 2013

How to support the Young Poodles Movie

Finishing the Young Poodles movie in one form or another is a goal of mine.

I've asked you all for money but haven't thought through yet what I need and what I mean. There are some real costs - in my time and more expensively in having a proper sound edit and mix and colour correction done - (the not me costs could easily approach $6000). Given the quality of the footage etc, I *could* do it all myself - and maybe should. In which case having friends subsidize my time would be gratifying, and perhaps more importantly would hold me accountable for producing something. Left to my own devices the years do slip by - it's not really a commercial project, as much as I've always wanted it to be (cue the riding beggars) - and it's a tricky topic. The band broke up and their album sits 70% recorded and unmixed.

So I need to figure out if I should take your money.

I've thought of trying to finance it piecemeal. Raise $1500, edit another segment, etc. Either through something like an indiegogo project, direct donations, or…

Subscriptions? Try and rope 20 people into contributing something each month…

On the one hand - who am I kidding? Content is supposed to be free - I've certainly not donated to this type of thing…I will buy a CD at a good show, but that's merch…

So perhaps merch - there's the tshirt...

I don't know -- any marketing/fundraising experts out there?

In the meanwhile I'll copy and paste these things again...


Please feel free to support further installments by sending cash



Fries with that?




or Moishes gift certificates.



Or there's some lovely shirts

No comments: